Thermal pads have gained popularity due to their increased thickness and plasticity, their application takes a few minutes, while the gaps between surfaces are eliminated. But it is important to approach the choice with great responsibility. Find the right solution with our rating of the best thermal pads for GPU and PC, taking into account thermal conductivity, size, and expert comments.
The rating is based on the opinion of experts and users of our portal.
|Best Thermal Pads For Gpu||Quality||Price and|
|Thermalright Odyssey Thermal Pad||Maximum thermal conductivity||Check Price at Amazon|
|Arctic Thermal Pad||Better elasticity||Check Price at Amazon|
|Gelid GP Extreme TP-GP-01-A||The most convenient installation||Check Price at Amazon|
|Coollaboratory Liquid MetalPad||Exceptionally metallic composition||Check Price at Amazon|
|Akasa AK-TT300-01||Best for slightly lower temperatures||Check Price at Amazon|
How to choose a thermal pad
If you want to choose the best thermal pads for GPU and available for your PC or laptop, be sure to consider the following characteristics:
- Coefficient of thermal conductivity. A key indicator that reflects how much heat the thermal interface conducts from the components of the motherboard to the heatsink. Most models have 5-6 W / mK. This is ideal for PCs and laptops with a well thought-out cooling system. With a cramped case and excessive heating of the chips, we recommend taking thermal spacers with a value of 10 W / mK.
- Thickness. To begin with, from the documents or by experience, determine the size of the gap between the radiator and the heating element. In most cases, it is in the range of 0.5-3.5 mm. There are separate solutions for replacing thermal paste by 0.1 mm, but their application requires the utmost care. If you cannot find options for the required thickness, order gaskets that can be attached to one another without loss of quality.
- Material. Ceramic models with various additives cope with the transfer of heat flux better than others. They have increased resistance to temperature extremes and optimum strength. Silicone thermal pads are universal for PCs, laptops and radio equipment due to their excellent elasticity. The material minimizes the risk of damage to components when dropped and is best suited for minimal surface contact. Copper solutions are installed with a sealant and require special attention when measuring the gap. In terms of thermal conductivity in the comparative test, they occupy an intermediate position.
Our list of the best thermal spacers for laptops and PC includes quality models with optimal thickness selection. Exceptionally good products are listed that will not disappoint users with short service life.
Check out Best Graphics Card For Pubg.
Thermal Paste Vs Thermal Pads: Which is better to buy
A thermal pad is considered the best option for a situation where the chip and heatsink are at a distance of 0.5 mm from each other. An increase in the thickness of the thermal paste layer leads to multiple drops in the quality of cooling. When comparing expensive gaskets and pastes for thermal conductivity, the former will show the result worse, but the effectiveness of most solutions will be enough to protect both laptops and PCs from overheating.
In terms of application, thermal interfaces are equally simple, but for a beginner, the chances of making mistakes are lower when using silicone gaskets. Users of computer equipment for the most part adhere to the rule: use what is chosen by the manufacturer. In practice, unforced replacements regularly lead to imbalances in the operation of the cooling system.
Best Brand for thermal Pads
- Thermal grizzly
5 Best Thermal Pads For GPU of Computer and Laptop
- Best for slightly lower temperatures
- Coefficient of thermal conductivity:1.2 W / mK
- Minimum thickness:1.5 mm
- Rating (2021):eight
Low thermal conductivity does not allow the solution to be considered effective for GPU and CPU, but the cooling of other PC components, as well as radio equipment, is performed efficiently. Supplied with 2 small spacers 30 x 30 mm. Thanks to the elastomeric silicone, the inexpensive thermal pad will definitely not harm electronic components and is resistant to harsh temperature conditions. At the same time, the reviews note the elasticity of the model and the complete filling of irregularities.
Coollaboratory Liquid MetalPad
- Exceptionally metallic composition
- Coefficient of thermal conductivity:10 W / mK
- Minimum thickness:0.1 mm
- Rating (2021):9.8
The minimum thickness allows the use of thermal pads on the chips even in standard laptops. However, there are difficulties in fixing, take into account the increased fragility of the element. The advantage of liquid metal without impurities is that extremely efficient thermal conductivity is achieved. The disadvantage is good electrical conductivity, which, if negligent, can lead to a short circuit.
The model is one of the best available today for reducing temperatures by more than 8 ºC. Fully RoHS compliant, can be used with any cooler material.
Gelid GP Extreme TP-GP-01-A
- The most convenient installation
- Coefficient of thermal conductivity:12 W / mK
- Minimum thickness:0.5 mm
- Rating (2021):9.8
Heat transfer pad 80 mm long and 40 mm wide. Physicomechanical characteristics allow it to cover electronic components so as to eliminate irregularities by 100%. The density is 2.8 g / cm3. The model does not conduct electricity, and the high quality is explained by the competent combination of ceramics and metal base. The thermal spacer is large enough to cover the HDD case or parts of the printed circuit boards.
It can be easily cut into separate pieces, and the firm also guarantees the complete non-toxicity of the product. In reviews, the heat transfer pad is praised for its excellent adhesion and durability. There are also many comments from laptop owners about the drop in CPU and GPU temperatures under load.
You may also like Best Gddr5 Graphics Cards.
Arctic Thermal Pad
- Better elasticity
- Coefficient of thermal conductivity:6 W / mK
- Minimum thickness:1 mm
- Rating (2021):ten
A model that copes with tasks at temperatures from -40 to +200 ºC. If the size 50 x 50 seems insufficient, the manufacturer is ready to offer an increased thermal pad for laptops and computers – 145 x 145 mm. The solution is based on silicone and many small aggregates. The real temperature drop on the video card is 5-7 ºC.
Users indicate that the element does not lose performance when creating a multilayer system. There is a complete absence of smudges even in the case of prolonged use of computers and laptops under serious load.
Recommended for you Best Graphics Cards For 1080p 144hz.
Thermalright Odyssey Termal Pad
- Maximum thermal conductivity
- Coefficient of thermal conductivity:12.8 W / mK
- Minimum thickness:0.5 mm
- Rating (2021):ten
Optimally sized thermal pads with a viscosity of 3.1 g / cm3. The model is characterized by increased Shore hardness, ideal for cooling the latest generation consoles. The good reviews for the substrate are partly due to the very convenient installation and the density of more than 3 g / cm3.
One spacer is enough for several elements, owners also note a 5-6 ºC temperature decrease in stress tests and modern games. The product does not conduct electricity and does not contain elements hazardous to health, the material also excludes corrosion.