If GF Experience does not start due to error 0x0003, then something prevents the application from interacting with the Windows 10, 8, or 7 environment.
From the provided description: Something went wrong, error code 0x0003 in NVIDIA Geforce Experience (error code 0x0003 “Something went wrong”) it is not at all clear its cause and what to do next.
In fact, the problem is easy to fix in several ways, we will consider them in more detail in order of efficiency and complexity of actions.
How to fix Geforce Experience Error Code 0x0003?
Restart your computer
No matter how ridiculous it may sound, in most cases, a simple restart of the computer or laptop helps. Due to the installation of new programs, often antiviruses or firewalls, or updates of system components, the current settings and access of running programs to the services of the operating system may be reset or stuck.
After rebooting, try running Geforce Experience, if error 0x0003 persists, then try the next option.
If you facing problem Graphics Card Not Showing In Device Manager read content.
Network card problem Geforce Experience Error Code 0x0003
Sometimes the network card freezes and interferes with the correct operation of other programs. This problem is solved by resetting its network protocols:
- Open the “Run” window while holding down the Win + R keys.
- In the line that appears, type cmd and press the key combination Ctrl + Shift + Enter (this will launch the command line with administrator rights).
- Next, enter the command netsh winsock reset and press Enter.
- After executing the command, restart your computer.
- Launch Geforce Experience and check if it gives error 0x0003.
If in step 2 the command did not execute, then open the “Start” menu, type cmd in the search, run it as administrator, and repeat steps 2-5.
Check the guide on Does My Graphics Card Support Directx 12?
Antivirus making problem
If you recently installed or updated your antivirus program, it may have mistakenly blocked access.
Disable your antivirus for a while and start Geforce Experience.
NVIDIA Services Operation
Incorrect operation of NVIDIA services can cause error 0x0003 in the GFE. To check it is necessary:
- Open the Run window by holding down the Win + R keys, or use the Start menu.
- In the line enter services.msc and press Enter.
- In the list of services that opens, find NVIDIA Display Container LS and NVIDIA Local System Container.
- Verify that for each of them, the Status column says In Progress and the Startup Type column says Automatic.
- If this is not the case, then you need to right-click on the desired service and select “Properties”.
- In the properties, specify “Startup type” – “Automatic” and start the service. Press the “OK” button.
- Start the Nvidia Network Service Container service by right-clicking on it and choosing the appropriate command from the context menu.
If the list of services contains NVIDIA Telemetry Container, then in the properties in the “Login” tab, check the box “Allow interaction with the desktop” and run it.
If, after all these steps, the error with code 0x0003 is repeated during the Geforce Experience startup, then either the program itself or the NVIDIA drivers are damaged.
Reinstalling NVIDIA Software and Drivers
If you have recently updated Windows, in rare cases the program or driver files may be damaged.
The problem is solved by reinstalling from scratch, for this you need:
- Completely uninstall Geforce Experience from your computer.
- Remove NVIDIA drivers using the DDU utility .
- Download the latest drivers for your video card model and operating system from the official website.
- Run the downloaded file and install the drivers along with the Geforce Experience (included with the drivers), it is best to select the “Clean Install” mode.
You can also try adding GFE to Windows Firewall exceptions. I have covered this procedure in detail in another article at the link above.
Now the Geforce Experience Error Code 0x0003 should be resolved and all features of this application should be available again.