While using video memory resources, a blue screen of death with the nvlddmkm.sys error may occur. Often followed by the code 0x00000116. The issue is caused by a malfunctioning NVIDIA driver or other graphics-related errors. In the window that opens, information appears indicating the absence of the atikmpag, bccide, dxgkrnl files.
- why nvlddmkm.sys error occures?
- 7 Best ways to fix Nvlddmkm.Sys or error 0x00000116
- Cleaning registry and removing old drivers
- Reinstalling or updating drivers
- Scan your computer for viruses
- Checking memory modules
- Eliminate corrupted OS files
- Checking conformity of components of “filling” of PC or laptop
- Rollback Windows
why nvlddmkm.sys error occures?
Some of the common causes of nvlddmkm.sys or error 0x00000116 are:
Basically, the error occurs for software reasons due to lack of updates or incorrect installation of drivers.
- incorrect driver version;
- overheating of component parts;
- weak power supply;
- bad sectors on the hard disk;
- software conflict;
- low paging file size;
- incorrect BIOS settings.
7 Best ways to fix Nvlddmkm.Sys or error 0x00000116
There are several ways to fix the blue screen pointing to nvlddmkm.sys:
- cleaning the registry and removing old drivers;
- reinstalling or updating software;
- scanning your computer for viruses;
- checking memory modules;
- elimination of damaged OS files;
- checking the compliance of PC or laptop components;
- rollback Windows.
Check Solution Windows 10 Not Detecting Graphics Card.
Cleaning registry and removing old drivers
Removing older drivers with registry cleaning can help. There are utilities for automatic reinstallation. To install new software, you need:
- Determine the developer of the video adapter using the information on the product box or in the ” Device Manager “.
- Go to the manufacturer’s website and enter the name of the device.
- Download the application for automatic driver installation.
- Before installation, an option will be offered with an update to the current version, you must confirm.
To uninstall the driver of a component that has been removed from the computer, you need:
- Left-click on the “Start” menu.
- Enter the ” Device Manager ” in the search box , select the component of the same name.
- Find the name of the old component.
- Right-click and select “Remove device”.
- To restart a computer.
Cleaning the registry will help remove files that interfere with the correct operation of the system by eliminating the “tails”:
- Download the application to remove unnecessary files. For example,
- Find the item to clean up the registry.
Search for and uninstall “tails” from applications.
Reinstalling or updating drivers
You can fix error 00000116 by uninstalling or reinstalling incorrectly working drivers. To uninstall the software, you need to:
- Left-click on the “Start” menu , select “Control Panel“
- Go to ” Programs ” → ” Uninstall a program “.
- Find the driver in the list.
- Right-click and select ” Delete “.
- Follow the instructions of the wizard.
After removing the old software, you need to install the new one if the device has not changed. This will require:
- Go to the manufacturer’s website and enter the name of the component.
- Download the application for automatic driver installation.
- Select the option with automatic installation and wait for the process to finish.
Scan your computer for viruses
The activity of malicious code can negatively affect the operation of drivers, up to a complete termination of their functionality. To scan the operating system for viruses, you need:
- Download and install a proven healing utility. For example, Dr.Web Curelt…
- Perform a full system scan.
- After scanning, move the infected files to Quarantine, or act according to the application’s recommendations.
- Restart your computer, install an antivirus with real-time tracking if it has not been installed before.
Checking memory modules
Solving the problem with the incorrect operation of memory modules will help in eliminating the blue screen nvlddmkm.sys. To diagnose and correct possible errors, you need:
- Use keyboard shortcut Win + R…
- In the window that appears, enter mdsched.
- There will be a choice of check time, select ” Run check and reboot (recommended)
- After the reboot, a blue window with check options will appear, click ” Normal ” with the default cache.
Important! If there are no failures, it is recommended to repeat the steps with the choice of “Wide diagnostics”.
Eliminate corrupted OS files
Eliminating 0x00000116 in Windows 7 is to restore system files. Component testing is carried out as follows:
- Perform a system search for ” Command Line “.
- Right-click and select ” Run as administrator “.
- Enter the sfc / scannow command and pressEnter…
- Wait until the end of the diagnosis, it may take some time.
Note! The fix is done automatically.
Checking conformity of components of “filling” of PC or laptop
Nvlddmkm.sys blue screen in Windows 7 can occur due to the installation of the wrong drivers for actually missing computer components. To correctly define component models, you need to:
- Find a sales receipt or computer specification that lists the names of the devices connected to the system board.
- In the absence of data, use the keyboard shortcut Win + R…
- In the window that appears, enter Msinfo32, click OK and read the information.
- If any inconsistencies are found, reinstall the software to a more current one.
Very important! When purchasing computer components, consider compatibility with other components.
Rolling back the operating system will help bring the computer back to its original point where the blue screen of death issues have not yet occurred.
Important! Before performing a system restore, you need to create a checkpoint or transfer important files to another media, given that a check for malware was carried out.
To restore the system, you must:
- Open the start menu.
- Perform a system search “System Restore”.
- Click on the item of the same name with the left mouse button.
- In the window that appears, click Further…
- Select a system restore point.
- Confirm, in the warning window, agree to the risks.
If you facing a problem Geforce Experience Error Code 0x0003.
You can use the suggested methods to fix the blue screen pointing to nvlddmkm.sys. In order to avoid problems with BSOD in the future, it is recommended to install drivers from a trusted source with the latest updated version. You should regularly scan your system for malware and follow the operating instructions in the product description.