With the big new changes in the gaming world, it’s important to adopt new graphics cards version. The RTX 3060 vs 3060 Ti specs and price comparison is an important factor for deciding which card is best for gamers and miners in 2023. Both of these graphics cards come equipped with NVIDIA’s Ampere architecture and offer a range of features that are sure to satisfy any hardcore gamer.
RTX 3060 Vs 3060 Ti are capable of in mining cryptocurrencies using different algorithms, study the overclocking potential, the optimal settings for graphics cards for mining, as well as profitability and consumption. .
An important question is what are the limitations for mining on the RTX 3060 and how to get around them. Let’s discuss RTX 3060 Vs 3060 Ti Mining.
- RTX 3060 Vs 3060 Ti Specs
- RTX 3060 Vs 3060 Ti Mining Hashrate & Consumption
- RTX 3060 Vs 3060 Ti: Differences
- Overclocking and tuning RTX 3060 Vs 3060 Ti
- Overclocking RTX 3060, 3060 Ti
- Overclocking RTX 3060, 3060 Ti in NiceHash
- Overclocking RTX 3060, 3060 Ti in Hive OS
- Overclocking RTX 3060, 3060 Ti in Rave OS
- Important overclocking information for RTX 3060 Vs 3060 Ti Mining!
- How do you know if the card is overclocked or lacks voltage?
- RTX 3060 Vs 3060 Ti Mining: Profitability Calculator
- RTX 3060 Vs 3060 Ti Mining performance
RTX 3060 Vs 3060 Ti Specs
First of all, let’s look at the RTX 3060 Vs 3060 Ti Specs and comparative characteristics of video cards in the reference design, i.e. without additional overclocking and optimization.
|SPECIFICATIONS||RTX 3060||RTX 3060 TI|
|Release Date:||Jan 12th, 2021||Dec 1st, 2020|
|Generation:||GeForce 30||GeForce 30|
|L1 Cache||128 KB (per SM)||128 KB (per SM)|
|L2 Cache||3 MB||4 MB|
|Base clock||1320 MHz||1410 MHz|
|Boost Clock||1777 MHz||1665 MHz|
|Memory Clock||1875 MHz|
15 Gbps effective
14 Gbps effective
|Memory Size||12 GB||8 GB|
|Memory bus||256 bit||352 bit|
|Bandwidth||360.0 GB / s||448.0 GB / s|
|TDP||170 W||200 W|
|Suggested PSU||450 W||550 W|
|Power Connectors||1x 12-pin||1x 12-pin|
Check out 1050 Ti Vs Gtx 960 4gb.
RTX 3060 Vs 3060 Ti Mining Hashrate & Consumption
Consider the hash rate of video cards and consumption. This table should serve as a kind of benchmark for you, i.e. your values should be plus minus such, with a slight discrepancy of up to 3-5%. Below we will analyze how to achieve such or better results using settings, overclocking and power limitation.
|RTX 3060||RTX 3060 TI|
|Ethash||37.00 Mh / s||110.00W||58.10 Mh / s||130.00W|
|Ethash4G||37.00 Mh / s||110.00W||58.10 Mh / s||130.00W|
|Zhash||0 h / s||0W||0 h / s||0W|
|CNHeavy||0 h / s||0W||0 h / s||0W|
|CNGPU||0 h / s||0W||2850.00 h / s||190.00W|
|CryptoNightR||0 h / s||0W||0 h / s||0W|
|CNFast||0 h / s||0W||0 h / s||0W|
|Aion||250.00 h / s||140.00W||370.00 h / s||190.00W|
|CuckooCycle||7.00 h / s||140.00W||9.80 h / s||190.00W|
|Cuckaroo (d) 29||0 h / s||0W||9.70 h / s||190.00W|
|Cuckatoo31||1.2 h / s||140.00W||0.55 h / s||190.00W|
|Cuckatoo32||0.45 h / s||140.00W||0.50 h / s||190.00W|
|Beam||22.00 h / s||140.00W||32.50 h / s||190.00W|
|RandomX||0 h / s||0W||0 h / s||0W|
|NeoScrypt||0 kh / s||0W||0 kh / s||0W|
|Autolycos||110.00 Mh / s||130.00W||155.00 Mh / s||130.00W|
|Octopus||43.00 Mh / s||140.00W||48.00 Mh / s||190.00W|
|EquihashZero||0 h / s||0W||0 h / s||0W|
|ZelHash||36.00 h / s||140.00W||54.50 h / s||190.00W|
|KawPow||22.00 Mh / s||140.00W||27.00 Mh / s||190.00W|
|ProgPow||21.50 Mh / s||140.00W||26.00 Mh / s||190.00W|
|X25X||0 Mh / s||0W||0 Mh / s||0W|
|MTP||2.60 Mh / s||140.00W||3.90 Mh / s||190.00W|
|Verthash||0.37 Mh / s||130.00W||1.19 Mh / s||140.00W|
RTX 3060 Vs 3060 Ti: Differences
The RTX 3060 was the first card to feature NVIDIA’s mining protection. In mining, the card shows results 2 times worse than its capabilities. There are several ways to work around these restrictions:
- Installing the NVIDIA developer driver version 470.05 is available only for Windows, it allows you to get a full hash rate when mining Ethereum and some other coins, for example Vertcoin, for which the Verthash algorithm is used.
- Use a regular HDMI plug so that the locking mechanism ceases to be active. The method works with the help of another video card, which will act as the primary one – the monitor is connected to it. Then just insert a sub-dollar dummy plug into the RTX 3060’s HDMI connector to emulate the connection to a monitor. After that, the blocking is released.
- Insert the card directly into the PCI Express x16 slot. No riser.
- Relevant for Linux systems such as Hive OS, Rave OS, use the miner LolMiner;When you start mining in Hive or Rave, choose Lolminer as a miner.
Any of the methods should help to cope with the problem of blocking mining on the RTX 3060.
See also GPU Clock Speed Explained.
Overclocking and tuning RTX 3060 Vs 3060 Ti
This table shows the optimal overclocking settings for each card. These values may vary depending on the vendor, power supply, drivers, memory chip manufacturer, and the graphics chip itself. On average, your metrics should be close to those in the table. We’ll talk further about the performance of specific card models and how to overclock the RTX 3060, 3060 Ti.
|RTX 3060||RTX 3060 TI|
|ALGORITHM||CORE CLOCK (MHZ)|
|MEMORY CLOCK (MHZ)|
|POWER LIMIT (%)|
|CORE CLOCK (MHZ)|
|MEMORY CLOCK (MHZ)|
|POWER LIMIT (%)|
|Ethash||+0 Mhz||+1000 Mhz||60-80% TDP||+0 Mhz||+1000 Mhz||60-80% TDP|
|Ethash4G||+0 Mhz||+1000 Mhz||60-80% TDP||+0 Mhz||+1000 Mhz||60-80% TDP|
|CNGPU||+100 Mhz||+500 Mhz||60-80% TDP|
|Aion||+100 Mhz||+500 Mhz||60-80% TDP||+100 Mhz||+500 Mhz||60-80% TDP|
|CuckooCycle||+100 Mhz||+500 Mhz||60-80% TDP||+100 Mhz||+500 Mhz||60-80% TDP|
|Cuckaroo (d) 29||+100 Mhz||+500 Mhz||60-80% TDP|
|Cuckatoo31||+100 Mhz||+500 Mhz||60-80% TDP||+100 Mhz||+500 Mhz||60-80% TDP|
|Cuckatoo32||+100 Mhz||+500 Mhz||60-80% TDP||+100 Mhz||+500 Mhz||60-80% TDP|
|Beam||+100 Mhz||+500 Mhz||60-80% TDP||+100 Mhz||+500 Mhz||60-80% TDP|
|Autolycos||+100 Mhz||+500 Mhz||60-80% TDP||+100 Mhz||+500 Mhz||60-80% TDP|
|Octopus||+100 Mhz||+500 Mhz||60-80% TDP||+100 Mhz||+500 Mhz||60-80% TDP|
|ZelHash||+100 Mhz||+500 Mhz||60-80% TDP||+100 Mhz||+500 Mhz||60-80% TDP|
|KawPow||+100 Mhz||+500 Mhz||60-80% TDP||+100 Mhz||+500 Mhz||60-80% TDP|
|ProgPow||+100 Mhz||+500 Mhz||60-80% TDP||+100 Mhz||+500 Mhz||60-80% TDP|
|MTP||+100 Mhz||+500 Mhz||60-80% TDP||+100 Mhz||+500 Mhz||60-80% TDP|
|Verthash||+100 Mhz||+500 Mhz||60-80% TDP||+100 Mhz||+500 Mhz||60-80% TDP|
Overclocking RTX 3060, 3060 Ti
To overclock video cards in Windows, use MSI Afterburner. This is a free graphics card overclocking utility from MSI. Download MSI Afterburner from the official website and install.
Run the program and make sure that the correct video card is selected (in case you have more than one card). If you have several identical cards, you can combine the settings for all video cards at once. Enter the “Settings” menu (gear icon) – “General” – check the box next to the “Synchronize settings of the same GPU” option.
Let’s start overclocking. If for some reason the sliders for changing frequencies and voltage are not available, go back to the “Settings” menu (gear icon) – “General” – check the box next to the “Allow video adapter control and monitoring” option.
- Change the core clock ( Core Clock ) – change the Core Clock (Mhz) slider of the same name .
- Change the memory clock ( Memory Clock ) – change the Core Clock (Mhz) slider of the same name .
- Change the Power Limit – change the Power Limit (%) slider of the same name .
Overclocking RTX 3060, 3060 Ti in NiceHash
If you mine with Nicehash, overclock your GPU with Msi Afterburner as described above.
Overclocking RTX 3060, 3060 Ti in Hive OS
Register on the official website Hive OS.
- Choosing a farm. In the Farms tab, select the desired farm.
- Choosing a worker. We go to the desired worker (workers), in which there are 3060.
- Overclocking window. Each map in the barn (worker) has a speedometer icon, as well as a common speedometer icon for all maps in the barn (worker). You can overclock or tune a specific map, or all maps at once, by selecting the speedometer marked ALL. Here you can set the overclocking settings for all Nvidia or AMD cards.
- Overclocking or tuning. We register the overclocking values. ATTENTION !!! In Hive OS and further, in Rave OS, the process of overclocking the memory clock (Memory Clock) is different from overclocking in Windows. You add frequency multiplied by 2. That is, if we need to add + 500Mhz from memory, we add 1000Mhz. Thus, we will increase the memory frequency by + 500Mhz.
- Next, you need to set the core overclocking value in the + Core Clock Mhz field. Here the absolute value, if you need to add + 100Mhz, add + 100Mhz.
- In the Memory Clock, Mhz field, set the memory overclocking values (remember, the frequency is multiplied by 2).
- Power Limit – the power limit is indicated in watts, not as a percentage as in MSI Afterburner. How do you know your consumption? See the current consumption of the card in the “Worker” tab, it is opposite each video card, and indicate the desired percentage of it. In the table above, opposite each algorithm, the consumption in watts is indicated, start with these values.
If the hash rate values are far from the tabular, make sure that you set the voltage limit correctly, the card may lack voltage and it will underestimate the hashrate.
5 – Save the changes. Click “Apply” to save.
Overclocking RTX 3060, 3060 Ti in Rave OS
First of all, register with Rave OS. We will be grateful if you register using our link, it will greatly help the development of the site.
Selecting a worker. Go to the Workers tab.
Setting up the worker. We go to the settings of the worker (Edit worker).
Overclocking and Tuning. Go to the Tunning masonry. And we set the values for overclocking:
- In the Core Clock offset, Mhz field, set the value of the core frequency.
- In the Memory Clock offset, Mhz field, set the value of the video memory frequency, this works the same as in Hive OS, multiply the frequency by 2. That is. if you need 500Mhz, set 1000Mhz.
- Power limit, W – power limit in watts.
Step 4 – Save the changes. Click the “Save & Apply” button.
Important overclocking information for RTX 3060 Vs 3060 Ti Mining!
We take the values for overclocking and adjusting the card from the table above. These are optimal values for a good hash rate and a relative energy-efficient model. Nobody restricts you from independently studying the limit of your card. You can increase the frequencies to increase the hashrate, or decrease the power limit to reduce consumption.
HOWEVER REMEMBER, YOU DO ACCELERATION AND DOWNVOLTING AT YOUR OWN RISK !!!
How do you know if the card is overclocked or lacks voltage?
If you have unsuccessfully overclocked your graphics card, you may see one of the following signals:
- Artifacts on the screen in the form of stripes, squares, and other geometric shapes.
- Screen flickering.
- Invalid balls.
- Dump the card.
More often than not, you shouldn’t worry about this, this is the normal behavior of the video card when trying to find the maximum overclocking capabilities of the card. Reset the default settings, or further adjust the frequencies and power.
RTX 3060 Vs 3060 Ti Mining: Profitability Calculator
For the current and actual profitability in mining on RTX 3060, 3060 Ti cards, see the Whattomine website.
RTX 3060 Vs 3060 Ti Mining performance
- Energy efficiency RTX 3060 – 0.33 MH / W.
- The power efficiency of the RTX 3060 Ti is 0.44 MH / W.
How to calculate energy efficiency? Divide the capacity in MH / s by the consumption W.
RTX 3060 TI is much more interesting in mining than 3060. It is more energy-efficient and productive.
Consumption of watts per 1 megahash
- RTX 3060 – 2.97W.
- RTX 3060 Ti – 2.24W.
Consumption for 1 Mh / s is considered as dividing the consumed watts by the number of megahashes.
Cost for 1 megahash in money
You can calculate this indicator for yourself, for this, divide the cost of the card by the number of megahashes.
Check out Does Overclocking GPU Reduce Lifespan Of GPU?
Where And What Is The Best Place To Mine With RTX 3060, 3060 Ti?
At the moment it is Ether (ETH), Binance Pool for Ether mining is one of the most profitable and efficient pools.